Minelab GPX 5000
Minelab GPX 5000 is a gold detector provided with a powerful Dual Voltage Technology (DVT), which is famous for its best performance and maximum sensitivity to the smallest gold nuggets with greater depth in all-natural terrain.
The Minelab GPX 5000 has reached overwhelming success in the countries of Africa, the Middle East, and Australia, where gold prospectors in those countries and regions have demonstrated its effectiveness and accurate results, and that made this device the world’s best gold detector.
Minelab GPX 5000 Device Features
When those signals return because of the buried object like a small piece of gold, you will see the same coil receive the reflected signals and calculate the difference between the signals.
Then, you will notice that the digital signal is converted into a sonic tone response after being processed in the control unit.
The Pulsed Induction technology has built with new technology, Dual Voltage Technology (DVT), which enhance the sensitivity to catch the smallest gold nuggets at a relatively greater depth.
The device provides SETA technology too, which has the accuracy of the operation of the device for each of the pulse timing options issued by the device.
That improvement in calibration will reduce the sensitivity to certain types, and greatly improves the immunity of the metal detector of rocks and magnetic soils.
– Different timing settings
The Minelab GPX 5000 has eight different preset timing settings, which can change the digital signal processing at the electronic circuitry.
Each timing option designed to achieve the best performance under specific conditions for different natural terrains.
– Search Modes
The GPX 5000 gold detector includes six pre-programmed search modes, which provide you quick exploration by selecting one of the modes and starting your own search through it.
You have the ability to rename and adjust all the six settings to suit your preferences
– Ignoring Iron Signal
This feature depends on ignoring signals coming from ferrous or magnetic metals
targets and objects, like soda cans, nails, and scrap.
That feature allows the desired level of metal to be distinguished from low to very high, and you will see that the device ignores the iron signals completely.
That will enable you to the correct detection of valuable targets in areas filled with scrap metal or magnetic metals.
– Adjust the Target Sound
This feature allows for increasing the signal strength of the low signals that are coming from the targets, so the sound of the signal too.
That is very useful in the case of wind or hearing-impaired people as well as to regulate the sound level when you are using headphones or an external amplifier.
– Ground Balance
The device has three options for ground balance:
- Normal: for the most common types of soil
- Specific: designed for use in hot ground conditions such as hot rocks
- GB Off: The circuit blocks the ground’s balance to the maximum depth in the neutral or sandy soil.
– Elimination Ground Balance in Neutral Soils
It is the perfect option for soils with very low mineralization or soils saturated with salt, and you will notice that this option works best for treasure hunters or mineral artifacts in mud or sandy soils.
– Built-in amplifier
You can hear the faintest signals coming from gold nuggets at a deeper depth.
The lithium-ion battery has an internal amplifier, which allows you of using an external speaker.
– Search Coils
The device comes with the following search disks, which are appropriate for specific purposes:
- Double-D search coil (11 inches)
- 15-inch Mono ring coil
How to Search with Minelab GPX 5000
- When you finish all the past installation process, you need to turn on the device by turning the power switch.
- Select the appropriate search mode, the ground balance, and the calibration of the device
- You need to tie the belt around the hand that passes through the handle of the device and make sure that the device holds it from the handle located at the bottom of the screen.
- You cannot start your search unless the search coil is exactly parallel to the ground.
- To get the best results ever, you need to move the disk left and right with fast and smooth spiral movement.